Lots of folks are wondering what to use downstream for thrips in cotton. It’s critical to not only get …
Ready or not, tobacco greenhouse season is upon us!! Now is the time to have your greenhouse source water …
The 2018 Soybean Yield Contest results are now available on the Soybean Extension Portal. We had 24 entries in 2018, …
Interested in learning more about the production of industrial hemp, North Carolina’s newest crop? The North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Chatham County …
The schedule for the 2019 Auxin Herbicides-Best Management Practices training has been finalized. 2019 Auxin Stewardship Training Schedule This training will …
Following the storm, there is assistance funding available for losses in commodities, forestry, livestock, and nursery and specialty crops …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
County Extension Programs
Custom Tools for Growers
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- Industrial Hemp
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Official Variety Testing
- Organic Commodities
- Tobacco Growers Information
- What is the date for soil sample fees?
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Agriculture and Resource Economics Extension
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- NC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Peanut Growers Information
Partnerships and Organizations
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
- National eXtension Initiative
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- NCSU/USDA Forage Program
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Field Crops
This brochure goes over calibration guidelines for backpack or knapsack sprayers.
This publication is the third in a series on greenhouse transplant production. It discusses the …
This publication provides background information and references for the Water Needs Assessment Tool spreadsheet and …
This publication covers disease control in a variety of crops.
This publication explains plant growth regulators for a variety of crops.
This publication covers chemical weed control and weed response to a variety of crops.
This publication covers insect control in a variety of crops, as well as household pests.
This publication offers fertilizer suggestions for a variety of crops, including field, pasture and hay …