Timber Restoration Funds (TRF) Available Through NC Forest Service

— Written By
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

On January 23, 2017, $1,000,000 in “time-limited” funding has been authorized to assist landowners within any counties designated in state of emergency declarations (see map). Counties not eligible include Alamance, Durham, Granville, Orange, Person, Vance, and Warren.

These funds are to be used for tree planting and site preparation for tree planting to help mitigate any negative forest impacts for landowners impacted from Hurricane Matthew and recent wildfires. Funding for forest stand improvements (FSI) and release treatments are not available through TRF.

The enrollment period will begin on January 23, 2017 and will remain open until all funds have been encumbered. Projects must be completed by April 30, 2018. The program will be administered using the same Forest Development Program (FDP) application form and procedures.

Access more information.

Contact your local Cooperative Extension office or your local NC Forest Service Ranger for more information.